Monday, December 7, 2009

The Upside Down Man



Try looking at this picture upside down then drawing it 2 inches at a time. -That was what we did. It was really difficult at first but we learnt to concentrate on every line and not on what the entire picture would look like in the end. In the end, the drawing wasn't very proportional because I tried to draw what my mind was seeing, instead of drawing what my eyes were seeing. This was a challenging project and I have done it once before. It was interesting how the size and place of the lines can affect the entire picture. The original sketch was created by Pablo Picasso. I wonder why people often tend to draw this picture upside down instead of the right way up. Maybe the complex drawing make it difficult to draw it when your mind isn't concentrating on the lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment